Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Where can I get a health coverage exemption (an exemption from the individual shared responsibility provision)?

To get an exemption, you may need to send an application to the Department of Health and Human Services, fill out the new Form 8965 when you complete your taxes, or both. How you request an exemption depends on what exemption you request. Click here for more information about the types of exemptions and how to apply.