DC Health Link creates important new opportunities for Brokers including:
- Access to a secure, online eligibility and enrollment system to find affordable healthcare benefit options for small group and individual clients
- The ability to sell plans from all participating carriers
- An excellent opportunity to expand your book of business
Licensed Brokers receive training and direct access to a Broker portal on DCHealthLink.com to better serve their clients. Individuals, families and small businesses that do not currently use a Broker have the option to Find a Broker and get assistance from among those a registered to sell on DC Health Link.
Want to participate? Here’s what you need to know...
DC Health Link is a great way to grow your business. To participate, Brokers must meet the requirements summarized below:
Licensing – Brokers must have an active District resident or non-resident producer license in good standing.
Carrier Appointments – Brokers must obtain appointments with each carrier’s licensed entity in DC Health Link for the market in which he/she intends to sell. (Individual and Family, Small Business or both).
Training - The National Association of Health Underwriters has been selected as our training partner. Brokers must complete a total of six hours of training in which 4 hours of CE credits will be provided for the District of Columbia. Training will consist of two parts: District specific policies and DC Health Link website training.
- DC Health Link Policy Training - Online policy training is available for ALL licensed resident and non-resident producers in the District of Columbia. An exam will be required for those who complete online policy training. After completion of the NAHU policy training, Brokers should expect to receive an e-mail containing the link to complete DC Health Link Website training.
- DC Health Link Website Training - Brokers must also complete 2 hours of DC Health Link Website Training available online only. Website training must be completed prior to selling insurance on DC Health Link.
Accessing your small group's health insurance information just got a lot easier.