Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How can a Broker do business through DC Health Link?

Brokers must register and verify that they:

  • possess a DC resident or non-resident health insurance producer license that is active and in good standing;
  • completed the DC Health Link policy and systems training course administered jointly with the National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU - worth 4 C.E. credits in DC and MD); and
  • obtained carrier appointments with all health insurance carrier licensed entities for the market in which they intend to sell (Individual & Family, Small Business or both).

More details on completing these requirements are available on DC Health Link’s website.