Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What if I submit my renewal form and am found no longer eligible for Medicaid?
If you no longer qualify for Medicaid, you can enroll into a private health insurance plan on DC Health Link through a special enrollment period. With so many plans to choose from, it’s easy to find quality, affordable health coverage that meets your needs and budget. Use our Plan Match Tool to compare plans, see if you qualify for lower premiums, see total estimated costs (not just premiums and deductibles) and more.
Once you’re ready to enroll, all you need to do is:
- Use your District Direct username and password to login to DC Health Link.
- Important: If you do NOT have a District Direct username and password, login directly to your DC Health Link account.
- Select the ‘Cost Savings’ tab and submit a new application. You will instantly see your eligibility results. Select CONTINUE.
- Select ‘Loss of Medicaid coverage’ as your special enrollment period.
- Choose a start date and select a plan.
For more information about Medicaid renewals, go to DHCF's Medicaid renewal information page. If you need help renewing Medicaid, or would like to know the status of your Medicaid benefits or renewal, call District Direct at (202) 727-5355 / TTD: (800) 877-8339.