Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do I do if I want to enroll in a private health plan and I have a District Direct account?
If you do not qualify for Medicaid and/or would like to enroll in a private health plan:
- Login to DC Health Link using your District Direct username and password.
- Select the ‘Cost Savings’ tab, submit a new application, and instantly see your eligibility results.
- Select your special enrollment period.
- You do not need to select a special enrollment period during open enrollment (November 1 – January 31) unless you want an earlier start date from what is provided to you.
- If you lost Medicaid coverage between March 31, 2023 and July 31, 2024, select ‘Loss of Medicaid’ coverage as your special enrollment period.
- Pick a start date and select a plan.
If you need to apply for or renew your Medicaid coverage:
- Go to districtdirect.dc.gov or download the District Direct mobile app in the Google Play or Apple App stores.
- Follow the instructions on the website or app to create and connect your account.
For more information, go to DHCF’s Medicaid renewal information page.