Submit Documents

Access to Other Health Coverage

How to submit documents
to DC Health Link

People who have access to other health insurance (sometimes called minimum essential coverage) are not eligible for lower monthly premiums or lower out-of-pocket costs. If you or someone in your household’s other coverage has ended, you’ll need to provide proof. This can include:

  • A certificate of coverage or letter from the person’s health insurance company showing the end date of coverage
  • A government-issued document showing the date coverage ended or ineligibility for a program
  • A statement from the person’s employer that indicates the coverage they offer doesn’t meet the minimum value standard

There are 3 ways for you to submit the documents we need to make a final decision on your eligibility:


Login to your account at You can upload scanned copies of the documents directly to your account.

By US Mail

Department of Human Services
Economic Security Administration
Case Record Management Unit
P.O. Box 91560
Washington, DC 20090

All other applications
DC Health Link
Exchange Contact Center
1225 Eye St NW
Suite 400
Washington, DC 20005

Be sure to write your DC Health Link ID on each of the documents.

In Person

Bring the document(s) to any Economic Security Administration Office for help. Find a location near you.

Which documents do I need to submit?

We need documents for each person listed in the notice you received. Please scan or make a copy of the document you send to us. Do not give us the original.

Still have questions?

Call DC Health Link at (855) 532-5465.