Submit Documents

There are two types of documents you can use to verify your identity.

  • If you provide a copy of one from the first list, no other documents are needed.
  • If you provide copies of documents from the second list, you must include two documents on the list and the names must match on each document.

Acceptable ID’s:

(Only one is needed)

  • Driver’s license issued by state or territory
  • School identification card
  • Voter registration card
  • US military card or draft record
  • Identification card issued by the federal, state, or local government, including a US passport
  • Military dependent’s identification card
  • Native American Tribal document
  • US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card

Alternative ID’s:

(Two are needed and names must match)

  • Birth certificate
  • Social Security card
  • Marriage certificate
  • Divorce decree
  • Employer identification card
  • High school or college diploma (including high school equivalency diplomas)
  • Property deed or title (including for a vehicle)

There are 3 ways for you to submit the documents we need to make a final decision on your eligibility:


Login to your account at You can upload scanned copies of the documents directly to your account.

By US Mail

Department of Human Services
Economic Security Administration
Case Record Management Unit
P.O. Box 91560
Washington, DC 20090

All other applications
DC Health Link
Exchange Contact Center
1225 Eye St NW
Suite 400
Washington, DC 20005

Be sure to write your DC Health Link ID on each of the documents.

In Person

Bring the document(s) to any Economic Security Administration Office for help. Find a location near you.

Which documents do I need to submit?

We need documents for each person listed in the notice you received. Please scan or make a copy of the document you send to us. Do not give us the original.

Still have questions?

Call DC Health Link at (855) 532-5465.