POWERUP DC 2023 Small Business Summit
Tuesday, May 2nd, 8:00am - 2:00pm
Empowering Small Business to Thrive in a New Reality
Each year since its inception in 2015, POWERUP DC has been a valuable resource for the DC small business community. Hosted by DC Health Link, its business associates, media partners, and the Small Business Brain Trust, POWERUP DC was developed to celebrate and support the small business community.
POWERUP DC provides enriching business experiences, resources, and networking opportunities through a range of cutting-edge seminars, special events and focused presentations. During POWERUP DC, government and private sector representatives present the latest business trends and contracting opportunities for small businesses.
POWERUP DC 2023 recognizes the major contributions small businesses make to strengthen government and private sector economies. Every year, small businesses employ more than half of the private work force nationally, create new jobs, drive most of the American innovation, and increase U.S. competitiveness. The small business community of Washington, DC is no exception, and it is important to support its growth and development.
An invaluable resource for small businesses, POWERUP DC 2023 aims to empower the small business community to thrive in a new economic reality. Panelists will engage in informative discussions around access to capital, procurement and contracting opportunities, strategies for resilience and recalibrating in the discovery of a new era and a new normal in the marketplace.
Information, trends, tools, and resources to support the success of emerging businesses, established businesses, women-owned businesses, non-profit organizations, faith-based institutions, and young entrepreneurs’ will be provided. Inspiring journeys of small businesses that have prospered in challenging environments will be highlighted and participants will have an opportunity to network with business experts, thought leaders and advocates to learn about access to capital and other strategies to help businesses thrive successfully.
DC Health Link Small Business Partners
- DC Chamber of Commerce (DCCC)
- Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (GWHCC)
- Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington (RAMW)
- The National Association of Health Underwriters (NAHU)
DC Health Link Media Partners
- Washington Business Journal
- Washington Informer
Participating Partners of the DC Health Link Small Business Brain Trust
- Anacostia Economic Development Corporation
- Coalition for Nonprofit Housing & Economic Development (CNHED)
- The Department of Licensing and Consumer Protection (DLCP)
- DC Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking (DISB)
- DC Public Library
- DC Department of Small and Local Business Development (DSLBD)
- DC Small Business Development Center Network at Howard University
- Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD)
- DC Main Streets Program
- Executive Office of the Mayor
- Great Streets Program
- Latino Economic Development Corporation (LEDC)
- Life Asset
- Mayor’s Office on Latino Affairs (MOLA)
- Office of the Deputy Mayor for Planning and Economic Development (DMPED)
- Serve DC - The Mayor’s Office on Volunteerism and Partnerships
- U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Walker's Legacy Foundation
- Washington Area Community Investment (WACIF)
- Washington DC Economic Partnership