Skip Navigation Accessibility

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

How do I file a complaint?

  1. If you have a concern or complaint regarding your health or dental insurance company, you can file a complaint with the District’s Department of Insurance, Securities, and Banking (DISB). DISB is the District agency that approves all health and dental plans sold in the District of Columbia. DISB will review your complaint and determine whether any District laws and procedures have been violated. They will also work to obtain information and explanations from your health or dental insurance company.

    Learn more, submit a complaint online or reach out to DISB directly.

    District of Columbia Department of Insurance, Securities and Banking
    Attn: Consumer Services Division
    810 First St., NE, Suite 701
    Washington, DC 20002
    Phone (202) 727-8000
    Fax: (202) 354−1085
    Email DISB

  2. If you have a concern or complaint regarding DC Health Link or the process for obtaining health insurance coverage through DC Health Link, please call the DC Health Link Contact Center at (855) 532-5465.